I actually really love the topic for this weeks T5W. I used to be a huge user of Tumblr a couple years ago-during my last few years of High School and my first two years of University and I was very into Fandoms and the Fandom community. I drifted away from Tumblr (my blog says I am 19 and I turned 21 last year, so its pretty much 2 years since I have used it) and I don’t really participate in ‘Fandom’ culture anymore, or at least to the extent I did a couple years ago. I still love my shows, movies and books, but I don’t obsess to the level I once did.
So lets get to my list of Fandoms I don’t really follow anymore.
1. Supernatural-This show will always have a special place in my heart, but I have to admit I have not watched the last two seasons. This was one of my favourite television shows and I obsessed over it to an embarrassing level-my username for most things is a mix between Caitlin and Castiel (just a little fun fact). I found the show just lost some of its magic and I was pretty annoyed at how they treated certain characters (i.e. Castiel) and how they portrayed certain relationships. I have heard it has gotten better, so I might watch it all once the show has ended.
2. Doctor Who- This was probably the first Fandom I became a part of and a Doctor Who shirt was the first Fandom shirt I actually purchased! I think I just lost interest in the show and just did not find the time to watch the new episode every week. I felt the stories got really muddied and it lost the essence of what Doctor Who is actually about. Like SPN, I have heard that the most recent season has some great episodes so I might catch up when I am feeling it.
3. Teen Wolf-Again, one of my favourite characters is not given the love and treatment they deserve. Stiles was the comedic relief of the show and I loved his friendship not only with Scott but with the rest of the pack. He was thrown into so many romances and that just rubbed me the wrong way. Derek was also one of my favourites, and I was gutted when he left.
4. The 100- I loved the first season, but I really could not get into the second season of the show. Yeah, thats pretty much it.
5. Arrow and The Flash- I am not the biggest fan of DC, but I really enjoyed the first two season of both of these series. However they seemed to get very slow and repetitive, Arrow in particular.
Ok, after writing this list I realise it is just a list of shows I do not watch any more…which still counts I guess! I think this is because most of the Fandoms I was involved in back in the day was all about shows and movies and it was a really huge part of my life back then. It helped me get through some hard times and in reality I moved on and just fell away from those shows and the communities.
Hope you all enjoyed that little extra bit of self reflection, and as always, share with me your T5W and any Fandoms you are not a member of anymore.