This weeks TTT is a book cover themed freebie! The cover of a book is so important to me as it really is the first impression you get of a book and it can really give you an idea of what the book is about. For my list this week, I decided to feature ten covers that caught my eye and encouraged me to pick up the book.
- ‘Shades of Magic’ series-I adore all of the different cover variants for the three books in this series. The red, black and white are so striking and my copy looks pretty good sitting on my shelf.
- ‘Front Lines’ series- I have the camo patterned cover for the first two books but both versions of the cover are so striking and really suit the book.
- ‘A Court of Thorns and Roses’ series- I think everyone loves the covers of these books. They are so simple but beautiful.
- ‘Six of Crows’ series– The covers of these books are very understated but feels true to the story and the book itself.
- ‘Milk and Honey’- I have not read this book yet, but I plan to in the coming weeks. I don’t know what exactly draws me to this cover, but the minimalism really appeals to me.
- ‘Nevernight’- I actually prefer the Harper Collins cover (the one I have) over the alternative cover.
- ‘Scythe’- This has got to be one of my favourite book covers on my shelf! I love the combination of the red and beige/cream and the simple silhouette of the Scythe on the front.
- ‘Heartless’– I have the black version of the cover but the white hardcover edition is just as pretty to look at. This cover is another example of a simple yet impactful design that I think really captures the story.
- ‘The Selection’ series– Pretty dresses everywhere! I love that the dresses on the cover appear in the books and the whole series looks stunning.
- ‘The Illuminae’ series- I think I prefer the cover of ‘Iluminae’ over ‘Gemina’, but that is because reds and warm colours are my favourite colours. While I don’t think the cover of ‘Obsidio’ has been released yet, I’m thinking it may be black and will definitely look as eye catching as the first two.
I had too many books to choose from for this prompt! Let me know which books have your favourite covers and , as always, don’t hesitate to give me some book recommendations 🙂