Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing weekly feature by Broke and Bookish
This weeks TTT is a FREEBIE. While I do like being inspired by their prompts, freebie week is a chance to make something up myself. While I have been trying to curb how many books I buy and don’t read, I still end up buying quite a few. So this week I decided to share with you ten books I have bought this year.
- Scythe- I saw this book sometime last year (and it was on one of my TTT) and I simply cannot find it in any of my local bookshops. As I wanted to read it so much, I ordered it online this morning.
- Brilliance- I have been getting back into reading science fiction (Red Rising got me back into the genre) and like Scythe, I have been looking in shops for this book everywhere! So, I ordered it this morning too.
- Scarlet– I really enjoyed Cinder and Heartless by Marissa Meyer and I am intrigued to see what twists she puts on other fairy-tales. I am going to slowly make my way through The Lunar Chronicles.
- Fool Moon- After being recommended to read the Harry Dresden Files by one of my fellow students last year, I read the first of the series and became hooked. I ordered Fool Moon as soon as I finished Storm Front, and can’t wait for it to arrive at my door.
- Nevernight- Illuminae and Gemina were two of my favourite books last year, and another of Jay Kristoff’s books was recommended to me. In was in Dymocks late on a Friday night and could not leave without picking this book up.
- Rebel of the Sands- The second book that I bought on my late night Dymocks trip. I actually got this book for free using my Dymocks Booklover points. I started reading it last night and on the train today and I am well over halfway through.
- Morning Star- Red Rising and Golden Son are such amazing books, and I am sad but excited to finish the series. At least Pierce Brown is writing another series set in the same world in the future, so I don’t have to say goodbye to that universe.
- Passenger- After seeing the release of Wayfayer I decided to pick up Passenger on a whim early this year. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I will wait until Wayfayer is in stores to buy it.
- Blood For Blood- One of the book on my January TBR list and the conclusion to Wolf By Wolf. I enjoyed this book so much and I felt it was better then the first! The only problem is that I did not realise it was not the same size of Wolf By Wolf and they look odd next to each other on my bookshelf.
- Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- While I already own two copies of this book, one of them is a Hardcover I bought when it was released all of these years ago. The book is falling apart, one of the covers is missing and it is beyond repair (though I am keeping it as it is sentimental to me). I saw the same book in paperback at my local second hand book shop, and decided to buy it to replace the tattered version on my shelf.
Here is my TTT for this week! Hope you enjoy looking at what I have bought so far this year, and as always, feel free to give me any recommendations.