Another TOP TEN TUESDAY, by the lovely Broke and Bookish. ❤
Damn i can never remember quotes. The only time i could remember quotes was when i was in my prime in year 11 and year 12 doing english literature. I would sit at my desk the night before i had an in class essay and memorise important themes and techniques with quotes to back them up. We would discuss quotes class after class- what they meant, symbolise and how they make us feel. Those were
n’t the days.
This is why i am a science major now…
But i can still appreciate a good quote- so here are my 5 of my favourite quotes from books i have read in the past year or two.
I normally like to write a sentence or two about my list items, but i will let the quotes speak for themselves.
1. “Everyone thinks he’s so smart, wonderful Potter with his scar and his broomstick —” – Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
2. “It sucks to be poor, and it sucks to feel that you somehow deserve to be poor. You start believing that you’re poor because you’re stupid and ugly. And then you start believing that you’re stupid and ugly because you’re Indian. And because you’re Indian you start believing you’re destined to be poor. It’s an ugly circle and there’s nothing you can do about it.” – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
3. “There’s something about swimsuits that make you think you’ve got to earn the right to wear them. And that’s wrong. Really, the criteria is simple. Do you have a body? Put a swimsuit on it.”- Dumplin’
4. “She thought about how marvelous is would be to have a wife keeping the house in order, the meals on the table. At the same time it seemed ridiculously unfair that she could never have a wife. In fact, if she married, she would be expected to be the wife.” – Coma
5. “It’s fear, Jack. The man deals with a huge amount of fear.’
Because he got hurt?’
No, not entirely. Fear comes with imagination, it’s a penalty, it’s the price of imagination.” – Red Dragon
Share with me your TTT’s and if you have any quotes from the books above that i have not listed let me know 🙂